Friday, April 22, 2016

Back on Track

I am attempting to get the Twin Lakes & Western Railroad blog back on track.  I see that I have not posted in almost a year - the last post was in June of 2015.  

I lot has happened to the layout since the last post.  I now have 9 out of 12 module frames built.  I have track laid 4 of the 9 modules, and roadbed laid on 8 of the 9 modules.  

I've moved what has become module #1 from the garage into the spare room - my train room, to work on the scenery and to start adding structures.  

In the past I have suffered from ADD modeling, jumping from one section of the layout to another and another, never really truly completing any one section.  This time I am building all the tables, but really working hard on completing one module at a time.  Although, I wonder if ADD modeling is really just normal model railroading.  There are always so many different projects to work on - bench work, electrical, scenery, painting, structures, details, and the trains themselves - that moving around from task to task is normal. What do you think?  I'd love to see some comments on this topic.  

Anyway, my goal is to do a weekly update on the Twin Lakes & Western.  But first, I may do a few brief blog posts that catch up on the progress of the last year.  

Happy Railroading

No comments:

Post a Comment