Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tunnels and Train Stations

I've been spending more and more time on the layout lately.  It's coming along, but its also a bit behind schedule. I had planned on building two module frames a month, which means I should now have 6 built, but I only have 4.  I guess I'll try to get two more built this month.  


This is the main passenger station for the Twin Lakes & Western Scenic RR.  I'm working on the last few details including:  windows, doors, real clocks for the clock tower, and interior / exterior lighting. I also need to do a bit of weathering to the roof.  


This is looking down module 2 and module 1.  I extended the main road onto module 2, which creates a RR crossing seen at the bottom of the pic. To the left, on the near side of the tracks, will be a drive in movie theater.  Farther down on the left will be a KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell and a Shell Station.  Some sort of small light industry will fill the area on the right side of the road.


I painted the roof piece of the tunnel.


The walls of the tunnel are painted black. I've used dark grey in the past, but this time I want it to be dark in the tunnel. Now I need to paint the roadbed and rails, then ballast before closing up the tunnel.


Looking uphill through the tunnel site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment